1. The medieval Indian Sultan who has been called the “Prince of ‘Moneyera” is
(b) Sher Shah Suri
(d) Alauddin Khalji
2. Which statement about Amir Khusrao is not true?
(a) He was a great poet.
(b) He was a great historian.
(c) He wrote poetry in Hindi and Urdu.
(d) He worked for the Hindu-Muslim unity
3. Which of the following features are associated with the architecture of Tughluq
period? Select the correct answer using the codes given below the features.
1. Sloping walls
2. Deliberate attempt to combine the principles of the arch, the lintel and the beam in the
3. Placing the buildings especially the tombs on a high platform.
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 2 and 3
4. Who among the following was known as a “Nirguna” reformer?
5. When Mahmud was Ghazni invaded Somnath, the ruler of Gujarata was
(b) Bhima I
(c) Jayasimha Siddharaja
(d) Bhima II
6. Malik Muhammad Jayasi has written an epic, Padmavat, relating to king Ratan Singh and his queen Padmini of
7. Alauddin Khalji’s commander who led the campaign to South India was
(b) Ulugh Khan
(c) Nusarat Khan
(d) Malik Kafur
8. Who were ‘Jagirdars’ during the reign of Akbar?
(a) Large estate owners
(b) Officials of state who were given jagir’ in place of cash pay
(c) Revenue collectors
(d) Autonomous rulers under Akbar
9. The medieval Hindu ruler who was a contemporary of Akbar, and took the title of Vikramaditya was
(a) Rana Pratap (of Mewar)
(b) Sadasiva Raya (of Vijayanagar)
(c) Raja Man Singh (of Amber)
(d) Hemachandra (Hemu)
10. The only Sultan of Delhi to conquer Chittor, the capital of Mewar was
(c) Alauddin Khalji
(d) Sikandar Lodhi