Name of the Examination- JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for MSc.)
JAM 2018 Organizing Institute- IIT Bombay
Exam Level- All India Level Examination
Exam Type- Postgraduate Examination
JAM 2018 last date for apply: October 10, 2017
Exam Date- 11th February 2018 (Sunday)
JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is a gateway to various professional courses such as M.Sc (2 years), M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-M.Tech, Joint M.Sc-PhD, and many other Bachelor degree courses. IITs & IISc conduct this national level examination of JAM in the rotation bases. JAM is held in the month of February every year. IIT JAM 2018 will be organized by IIT Bombay. The interested applicants can check out the important details of JAM 2018 from this article given below.
IIT JAM 2018 Important Dates
|JAM 2018 Online Application Process starts from||5th September 2017|
|Last date for Online Application Submission and uploading documents on website||10th October 2017|
|Last date for payment of Application fee online||10th October 2017|
|Downloading of admit cards||2nd week of January 2018|
|Examination date for JAM 2018||11th February 2018|
|Results declaration||20th March 2018|
|Submission of application form for admission on JAM 2018 website||3rd April to 17th April 2018|
|Closing Date for receipt of request for change of Category in proper format/ rectification of defective documents at IIT Bombay||17th April 2018|
|Declaration of 1st admission list||22nd May 2018|
|Declaration of 2nd admission list||12th June 2018|
|Declaration of final admission list||29th June 2018|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018||5th July 2018|
|Exam Date||Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|11th February 2018 (Sunday)||I||9:00AM to 12:00 Noon||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
|II||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM||Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH)|
JAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Both Indian and Foreign Candidates can apply.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates belong to the General/OBC-NCL Category, have to get at least 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree, without rounding off (50% aggregate for candidates who belong to the SC/ST and PwD Category Candidates).
- Candidates appearing in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2018 are also eligible for this entrance exam.
- For M.Sc. – Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree (Geology) and any two subjects among Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biological Science Physics. Also, the candidate must have passed 12th with Math as a mandatory subject.
- For M.Sc. in IITB –Candidate must have passed graduation with both Mathematics and Physics for two years and at least one out of these two for three years.
- For M.Sc. Biotechnology in IITB and IITR – Candidates must have done graduation degree in any of these (Science, Agriculture, Pharmacy, Veterinary, Engineering, and Medicine) branches.
- For M.Sc. Chemistry in IITG, IITK, IITB, IITD, IITM, and IITR – Candidate must have done a graduate degree in chemistry and also candidate must have passed 12thwith mathematics.
- For M.Sc. Mathematics in IITB, IITD, IITK, and IITM – Candidate must have done graduation with Math as a subject for minimum two years or four semesters.
- For M.Sc. Physics in IITB, IITD, IITG, IITK, IITM and IITR) or Joint M.Sc. /Ph.D. (Physics) in IITK –Candidate must have done graduation with Physics for minimum two years/ four semesters and also must have done graduation with math for at least one year or two semesters.
- For Joint M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Geophysics at IITK – Candidate must have done graduation with any two subjects from Physics, Mathematics and Geology minimum 3 years and 6 semesters.
- For M.Sc or Ph.D. (Dual Degree) in IITB – Candidate must be a graduate in any one of these subjects Physics, Chemistry and Math for minimum two years and four semesters.
JAM 2018 Application form
- The interested and eligible applicants have to apply only online for JAM 2018 from the official website.
- The applicants are advised to go through eligibility criteria before they start application procedure.
- The applicants should be ready with scanned photograph and signature of specified format.
- There is no other mode of application except online mode.
- The applicants must have applied on or before the last date of application which is 2ndweek of October 2017.
The applicants have to pay an application fee to complete the application procedure either through online mode or offline (E-challan) mode via SBI. In online mode, the application fee can be paid through net banking, debit/credit card. The application fee once paid is non-refundable. The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|SC/ST/PwD & Female (all categories)||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|