Assam General Knowledge & Assam Current Affairs.
Assam Current Affairs
Assam Current Affairs – October 2017
India signs $200 mn deal with World Bank for rural transformation in Assam
On October 30, 2017, Union Finance Ministry and World Bank signed a loan agreement worth $200 million for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project.
Assam Current Affairs – September 2017
Assam govt signs MoU with Google to increase digital literacy
Assam government has signed a MoU with Google India Pvt. Ltd. to increase digital literacy and takeInternet connectivity to the remotest part of the north-eastern state.
Assam Current Affairs – August 2017
Assam forest dept deploys excavators to evict illegal encroachers from Amchang Wildlife Sanctuary
Assam forest department deployed around 10000 security and State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) personnel, 20 elephants and 20 excavators to evict 1400 families that have been encroaching upon Amchang Wildlife Sanctuary on the northeastern fringe of Guwahati. The sanctuary is spread over 78.64 sq km.
Assam Current Affairs – June 2017
India Signs Loan Agreement with the World Bank for USD 39.2 Million for the project “Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery”
An agreement for IBRD Credit of USD 39.2 Million from World Bank for the project “Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery” has been signed on 6th of June.
About Assam (Overview)
Assam is a state in northeastern India, south of the eastern Himalayas along the Brahmaputra river and Barak Valley.
- Country - India
- Statehood Attained- 26 January 1950
- Capital - Dispur
- Districts - 33
- Governor - Jagdish Mukhi
- Chief Minister - Sarbananda Sonowal (BJP)
- Legislature - Unicameral (126 seats)
- Parliamentary constituency - 14
- High Court - Gauhati High Court
- Total Area - 78,438 km2 (30,285 sq mi)
- Area rank - 17th in India
- Total Population (2011 census) - 31,205,576
- Human Development Index (HDI) - 0.598 (medium)
- HDI rank - 15th in India (2016)
- Literacy - 72.19% (19th in India)
- Official languages - Assamese, Bodo and Bengali
- State song - O mor aponar dex
- State motto - Zoy ai axom
- State Literary Society - Axom Xahityo Xobha
- State festival - Bihu
- State dance - Bihu nas(Bihu dance)
- State flower - Kopou phul(Foxtail Orchids)
- State tree - Hollong(Dipterocarpus macrocarpus)
- State animal - Gor (One-horned rhinoceros)
- State bird - Deo haah (White-winged wood duck)